Lakehead University Scholarship Opportunity
The Northwestern Ontario and Simcoe County Citizenship Award is awarded to 10 graduating students from eligible high schools in Northwestern Ontario and Simcoe County who model good citizenship within their high school and community.
$3,000 (payable in 1st year only and can be combined with an Entrance Scholarship)
- Minimum 85% average in Grade 12 U or M academic marks as of May 2022
- Must be a citizen, permanent resident, or landed immigrant of Canada
- Must plan to attend Lakehead University in the upcoming year on a full-time basis
- Must be nominated by an eligible high school guidance department
- Eligible high school nominates one (1) student by February 15
- Eligible high school directs student to complete the “Supplemental Application” (due in early March)
If you wish to be nominated for this scholarship, you can submit your name to the DHS Guidance Team – Mrs. Penner, Mr. Oltsher, or Ms. Seitz – by February 10th, 2022. We will make our choice and notify the successful nominee by February 11th, 2022.