DHS Graduation Ceremony and Presentation Drive Through Grad
Individual Graduate Diploma Presentation and 2 Guests
Date: Friday, June 25th Time: 10 am to 5 pm.
Where: The Front Main Entrance of DHS on Casimir Ave.
INFORMATION FOR THE GRADUATE AND FAMILY
(this has been emailed to all potential Graduates and parent, guardian and/or caregivers)
As required by the NWHU, we will be assigning suggested times for students to arrive based on their timetabled homeroom ( morning) class.
We will also have an assigned time for any students who graduated earlier in the year, as well as our DHS virtual students.
A random class draw will determine these class cohorts times.
Graduates are allowed to have 2 members of their household attend the ceremony with them, i.e. getting out of the vehicle they have arrived in.
These assigned times will be posted and communicated as soon as possible.
The ceremony will see each individual DHS grade 12 student be presented with their diploma, one at a time.
Students are to wear their purchased cap and gown for the ceremony.
(Cap and Gown purchase and pick-up at DHS will be announced shortly)
DHS GRADUATION PROCESS FOR THE DAY, Friday, JUNE 25th
1. All staff, students, and attendees must self-screen before attending the outdoor celebrations using the COVID-19 school and child care screening tool.
2. Students and family members arrive at the Dryden Cultural and Training Centre staging area (use the west side entrance to enter – Kirkpatrick Avenue). You will be greeted by staff to go through the required validation of the Covid-screening. You will then wait for your turn to drive up to the school on Casimir Ave – using the East side of the Training Centre – Casimir Avenue as an exit.
3. Staff will help direct the Graduate and 2 household members on the next steps. Vehicles will be required to be moved forward from the front entrance area of the school once the graduate has been dropped off and parked towards the north end on Casimir near the front lawn area of the school.
4. On exiting the vehicle, the DHS graduate and up to 2 guests will need to sanitize their hands and wear a mask.
5. The DHS Graduate will check-in near the bottom of the stairs (registering for attendance and time recorded). The Graduate then enters the right side of the main stairs to the decorated stage area. They will be greeted at a distance by the school admin and enter on the stage for professional pictures. The Graduate can unmask on the stage for photos. A saff MC will announce information about each Graduate, including diploma details, future plans, and any granted bursaries or awards. The Graduate student’s two guests are allowed to take photos as long as they respect social distancing and do not get in the way of the profession photographer. This photo stop should be maximum 2 minutes. Please NOTE: the professional photographer has been hired and paid by DHS to provide equity of access to a quality photo for all our graduates. A link will be posted where to download the high resolution printable photo(s)
6. Graduates will exit the stage and required to wear their mask again and walk along the sidewalk (Not back down the stairs) towards Casimir Ave to pick up their DHS Grad sign provided by DHS. Their last stop is to pick-up their Grad bag of goodies from the Safe Grad Community Group.
7. Graduates and guests are asked to sanitize their hands and return to their vehicle and head off for family and any other celebrations. (Note: the Safe Grad Community Parent Group has plans they will communicate that are separate from Dryden High School)
NOTE: Other Graduation celebrations with family and/or other groups
Even though these celebrations are not part of DHS, we are requesting everyone to conduct these celebrations as safe as possible by following the Northwest Health Unit and Provincial Guidelines and Regulations for gatherings.
Please be safe, stay healthy and remain well.
PRINCIPAL – DRYDEN HIGH SCHOOL