Important Information for Graduates regarding Photos, Caps and Tassel and Yard Signs
AS OF Wednesday June 17, 4:42 pm
With rain in the forecast for tomorrow, we need to unfortunately CANCEL the Grad Photoshoot, and will go with our rain out plan. Dates for Grad Photoshoot will be Tuesday June 23rd from 2pm – 8pm, and Wednesday June 24th from 2pm – 8pm. See you there!
1) DHS has arranged for professional grad photos. Samantha Hawkins will be available in front of DHS for two days to take some pictures of our graduates;
a) Thursday June 18th from 11am – 5pm, and
b) Tuesday June 23rd from 2pm – 8pm,
(With a rain out day scheduled for Wednesday June 24th from 2pm – 8pm.)
2) Pictures will be available for free download from the photographer’s website after June 26th (link to be shared at a later date). There will be an option to order print packages, canvasses, mugs etc. from a trusted Canadian print lab directly from photographer, pay via EMT and have them delivered right to your door with no shipping fees!
3) To respect COVID-19 safety protocol and social distancing practices, we are asking that potential graduates arrive in a car via the approved route. As directed by staff, the car will eventually arrive in front of the high school, only the graduate will exit the car (one person per photo), they will then have a contactless pick up of their cap and tassel, pose for 3-5 shots with the photographer, pick up their lawn sign, return to their car, and drive off. We are hoping that this procedure will take less than 10 minutes. However, there will likely be time spent waiting in the car, in line before their turn.
4) Approved car route; enter the Dryden Regional Training and Cultural Centre parking lot off Kirkpatrick St. The Centre parking lot will be used as a ‘holding area’ and line up for those waiting to have their picture taken. A staff member will then tell vehicles when to advance into a line in front of the school.
5) There will be no assigned appointment times. We realize many students have demanding work schedules and it is our hope that these times will accommodate most students. If possible, we are asking;
a) Last names A-L try to attend on Thursday June 18th, and
b) Last names M-Z try to attend on Tuesday June 23rd.
If the line looks long and your schedule allows, please feel free to come back later in the day.
6) Please feel free to dress up formally in gowns and suits that may have been purchased for Safe Grad, or dress casually, in your favorite eagles or sportswear, traditional regalia, or whatever else you wish that is reasonable and in good taste. There will not be time for you to change during the photoshoot, come dressed in your one outfit.
7) We realize some students have already returned home and are no longer living in the Dryden area. Please continue to e-mail photos to Jennifer.Randell@kpdsb.ca. We will work to get you your cap, tassel and yard sign for you to take additional photos also to be submitted to Mrs. Randell.
8) The school will continue to use the photos submitted to Mrs. Randell along with those taken by Samantha Hawkins in our digital recognitions of our graduates. There will be more info shared with regard to our virtual acknowledgements.
9) Special thanks need to go out to our many community partners and business who are continuing to help celebrate
Thank you for reading...Please follow us regularly