2017 Graduation Ceremony information
Letter to Graduates. Parents and Caregivers
DHS Graduation – June 23rd Noon – Harry McMaster Athletic Field
This letter will provide you with additional information and details regarding the Graduation Ceremony at Dryden High School. Please review carefully in order to help make the event meaningful and enjoyable for all graduates and all families. Our master of ceremonies for the event is Cindy Palermo.
Wednesday June 21 and Thursday June 22
Students may pick up gowns and sashes in Student Square from 10 am till 3 pm on Wednesday and Thursday Gowns will be available until 10 am on the morning of the ceremony for those students wishing to pick them up on Friday.
Friday June 23
- Graduates are to arrive at the school beginning at 10 am and meet with staff in the small gym and student square. At 11 am, a light lunch will be served to graduates and they will meet dignitaries and scholarship and bursary presenters.
- Families can begin to arrive at the school at 11 am. They is no need to arrive earlier. Families with surnames at the beginning of the alphabet will be seated by staff in the front seating section. Approximately ½ way through the ceremony, we will break and change seating to allow families with later surnames to then sit in the front section. This will allow all families to have reasonable seating to view their graduate. During the ceremony students will be called to the stage, receive their Ontario Secondary School Diploma, have their biography read and be presented with any awards. At the conclusion of the ceremony the graduates will amass in the front of the school for the traditional “hat toss”. The Principal’s reception will follow.
- Gowns and sashes can be return after the ceremony should graduates wish, or on Monday morning (by noon please)
Families and Guests
- The rear parking lot of the school and laneway off Casimir Avenue will be closed for the day. Please park at the Center or on adjoining streets. We will have golf cart transportation for those who require it at from Casimir Avenue to the seating area. There will be wheelchair access and seating should you require it.
- There will be staff to direct you to the appropriate seating area. The seating will be changed ½ way through the ceremony to ensure that each family is in the large front seating section to see their graduate. Seating will begin at 11 am fro families and guests that have RSVP’d. After family seating is complete, available seats will be open for others.
- We have engaged a professional photographer to take photos of each graduate on the stage, as well as various photos throughout the day. Parents and graduates will be given a code and password and can download photos at no charge.
- The event will be live streamed at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrydenHighSchool/feed. The link will be active at 11 am for the entire ceremony. The audio will be the Master of Ceremonies microphone.
- There will be washroom facilities on-site, including an accessible facility
The Principal’s Reception will follow the ceremony and be held under cover